The Mille Lacs Health System hospital was first constructed in 1956 and have been expanded and modernized over the years. The hospital went through a strategic visioning and master planning process with Anderson Companies and Pope Architects to identify the key needs to improve its healthcare delivery and patient experience.
A 42,000 sq. ft. expansion and 10,000 sq. ft. renovation will support MLHS in improving patient privacy and staff efficiency. Highlights of the project include:
- 18 new private Inpatient Rooms
- New Emergency Department with 2 Trauma Rooms, 6 Exam Rooms, Mental Health Room and attached Ambulance Garage
- New Kitchen and Cafeteria (which has never been updated since the original building)
- Improved registration and expanded lobby
- Expanded Clinic, Same Day Surgery, Lab and Sleep Center
- Expanded hospital facilities and support spaces